


I just want to tell my Mom how proud I am of her for pushing on, day after day, with never-ending pain and what has inevitably become irreversible disability associated from the injuries she sustained from that traumatic fall over two years ago. If only that grate was secured...but it wasn't and in all the bad, I've searched for something positive to come from that (as if that was possible) and what comes to mind is this: What you are teaching me through your attitude and actions far surpass any lesson you could have through complacency. Role-model statements seems cliche, so I won't go there, but I will say this: When life is easy and breezy, it's hard to be heavy and humble. Resultantly, those good times are great but those are moments we are not likely to evolve very much. I believe, instead, like many others do, that in times of great challenge, our true character is revealed. In short, you have shown what true bravery means and you are my hero. It is during our most difficult moments where growth can be greatest. In good times and bad, you are distinctly responsible for teaching me life's most important lessons. Thanks, Mom. Thanks for being such a strong, phenomenal, female hero.




1 comment:
My dear Mar-mar,
I was tearful, and then felt grateful and pleased that you thought my words and actions add meaning and value to your life and persona.
I am humbled that you expressed that my philosophies of life and the way I seek to live make a difference in the life of my daughter and you felt this important enough to share this with those who read your family blog.
Thank you for your unparalled devotion!
Your loving,
Mami Lama
Post a Comment