We are still reeling from last week's medical emergencies and as we all look at it, a comedy of errors of sorts associated with my first clinical rotation. With optimistic eye, we are hopeful things will shake out just fine. On that note, here is how one such instance really did: Fortunately, Dina's MRSA-filled wound has been responsive to the Sulfa meds. But just as she was starting to heal up from that, she woke up in terror with copious tears and an inabilty to withstand light, (a.k.a. photophobia). In short order, we got her in to see the world's best opthalmologist in the world - who also happens to be a quintessential mensch to boot, and he essentially removed a shard of metal which was found embedded in her cornea. If you're wondering how it happened, all I can say is - not in the way you would think. After returning home with a bag full of every protective eye covering goggle there is for Dina, Dina jocularly informed me it wasn't a workplace injury. How so? I said. As it would turn out, the shard was in her HAIR (from WORK) so when she showered and tussled her mane upon its conclusion, it "fell" into her eye. So there you have it. Semantics 101 in the MarlaDina household!
Bye good friends!
-
We have lost Cookie and aunt Marla in the past year. Me and my family are
super sad! But I hope this wont ruin Cookies fame still!
15 years ago




4 comments:
Wow, you yeo have had your hands full! Glad to hear the drugs are helping. Thanks for blogging as I love to keep up with what is happening. I will keep the 2 of you in my prayers.
Love,
Aunt Nancy
I'm so glad that you have this blog as I had no idea that you had been having these challenges! Now, I can go directly to the source. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I also want to thank you for making two little girls feel like princesses with the many jewels bestowed upon them by their Auntie Marla. What a treasure YOU are for them!
Love, Lori
Dina, I am so sorry for what you've been going through but am glad to hear you've gotten the right help and are on the mend. What awful experiences.
Love you both and wish only the best for you.
Love,
Aunt Lynn
Thank you so much for your concern and emotional support. We are very grateful. Dina is a like her wonderful niece, Isabella, who too is a little warrior. D's eyesight is intact...antibiotics are healing it up well. Her MRSA-full arm is very much on the mend too. The key from keeping MRSA from becoming systemic is catching it early which, thank goodness, we did. When we see y'all, we'll share some funny stories in relation. Thanks again for your love and concern! ;)
Post a Comment