Along with another, this poignant quote was shared at Rose Seybert's memorial service not long ago by her family and I find it fitting as I ponder the fragility of life after seeing the persistent, enormous and often silent suffering of people I care about so deeply. We can juxtapose this negative energy with the idea that for every moment of darkness, there is light...silver linings to our clouds as they say, which give the impression of purpose and harmony in our global existence despite its ephemeral nature. This quote opens the mind to think beyond and bifurcate between inequities and realities. Props to Aunt Rose's family for including such a simple yet profound quote for all of us to thoughtfully consider.
Photo taken in June 2001
Courtesy of Glenn Friedman
And in this vein, if you could, please keep my beloved MA, her baby bro, Glenn, and our families in your prayers because aside from the positivity that our friends and family bring into our lives, these Earth Angels could really use a miracle right about now.
No comments:
Post a Comment