
This is the phenomenal Ma I am so very lucky to have and share with all of you. As I'm driving home from work in Friday night rush hour traffic, I am leaving my mom a voice mail message asking her to call me so we can solidify plans for Mom's Day. Roughly one hour later, I walk in the door and find evidence of my Mom's presence everywhere: A note about her taking Oliver out and feeding him an "afternoon snack;" peanut butter and jelly jars galore; apples; fruit and cheese snacks; magazines to read in my "spare" time; on-the-go items; coupons for free restaurant appetizers and desserts; and, the most special of all, she left me - smack dab in the middle of the kitchen table, a framed photograph of her and me from years ago which clearly illustrate the unmistakable love and depth of our close friendship. In anticipatory measure, my dear Mami Lama was thinking of our love as a gift and this is one of the many reasons why I treasure my Mom like I do. She knows what's important in life. Through her, I've learned that the true gifts we can receive in life is Love...that simple yet profound intangible, intrinsic reward which trumps any material possession one could ever have. People are also gifts to be treasured. I treasure the prize I have found in my Mom who is my ultimate role-model for reasons too many to enumerate. Anyone who knows her knows her extraordinary kind and thoughtful nature, sense of integrity, sensitivity, selflessness, strong value system and unconditionally loving nature. Today, I wish to reflect on how lucky I am to be influenced by her wisdom. She is my hero, my rock, my touchstone, my confidant, and the moral foundation for all I do. I just wish everyone in the world was lucky to have a Mom as phenomenal as her.




1 comment:
Tears fill my eyes as read your thoughts and feelings written so lovingly and complementary. I, too am fortunate to have the "gift" G-d bestowed on me to have You as my daughter and the close, caring, and loving relationship that we share. Your, Mami
Post a Comment