Ad Astra Per Aspera, "To The Stars Through Hardship"
Motto of the State of Kansas
Shooting Stars From Afar
c. Marla S. Laurin, June 27, 2008
The stars I see
They lay at my feet
I swallow pride
With modesty
To meet my dreams
In restless nights
I reach for stars
That lay high
In the sky
Where sunshine blinds
My hazel eyes
Blue, believing true
All the falsehoods
Of my childhood
That died years ago
With fear lurking back
Into placid places
To steal
Like a thief
With heavy boots
My beliefs
And in that moment
I'm reminded
My prayers didn't go
Shooting Stars From Afar
c. Marla S. Laurin, June 27, 2008
The stars I see
They lay at my feet
I swallow pride
With modesty
To meet my dreams
In restless nights
I reach for stars
That lay high
In the sky
Where sunshine blinds
My hazel eyes
Blue, believing true
All the falsehoods
Of my childhood
That died years ago
With fear lurking back
Into placid places
To steal
Like a thief
With heavy boots
My beliefs
And in that moment
I'm reminded
My prayers didn't go
Unrequited
I still caught a glimpse
Of the shooting star
I saw from afar
And wished upon it
The same way
The mind plays
---Shooting Stars From Afar Written by Marla S. Laurin, June 27, 2008
---Shooting Stars From Afar Written by Marla S. Laurin, June 27, 2008




No comments:
Post a Comment